Join WILLCO Companies
Assistant Property Manager
The Assistant Property Manager supports two Property Managers with a total of approximately 800,000 square feet of commercial office and retail centers in the DC/MD/VA area. Assistant Property Manager will report daily to headquarter office in Potomac, MD, with frequent travel to assigned properties.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Property Manager are as follows:
• Assist in yearly budgets and budget re-forecast. This includes use of MRI Software and creation of budget binders for owner review.
• Daily communication with tenants, vendors and Engineers.
• Review monthly reports and explain variances from the budget.
• Code invoices and expenses using Nexus software.
• Create tenant notifications and memorandums.
• Prepare move in and out forms
• Serve as a liaison between access control-company and tenants while managing the distribution of building access cards.
• Obtain and review bids from vendors and contractors and made recommendations for services.
• Attend quarterly property inspection meetings and walk throughs.
• Communicate and coordinate collections with delinquent tenants. This includes sending delinquency and deficiency letters.
• Assist the legal department in preparing tenants for litigation
• Enter delinquency report notes and report status at monthly delinquency meetings.
• Manage overtime HVAC and utility billing to tenants which includes creating and tracking invoices.
• Create and send invoices for tenant bill backs with frequent communication to Property Accountants.
• GSA invoicing for construction jobs, overtime HVAC and day porter services.
• Frequent involvement with contracts for small construction jobs and monthly service agreements; Administer the entire process from contract creation to full execution.
• Attend monthly GSA tenant meetings and report on any outstanding invoices.
• Create weekly status reports for each property and report status to VP of Property Management at weekly staff meetings.
• Coordinate meetings between property manager, vendors, tenants, engineers, etc.
• Develop strong tenant relationships and periodically visit properties for wellness checks; walk properties and tag/flag cars that are in violation
• Maintain the tenant distribution lists
• Sign MODs and Handyman orders on behalf of VP of PM
• Assist with tenant move ins and move outs, including furniture delivery and pick up
• Ensure all property files are prepared and maintained in an orderly and logical manner, including vendor contracts
• Ensure Certificates of Insurance for vendors are up to date
• Other duties as assigned
• BS or BA degree preferred
• 2-3 years of Real Estate experience preferred
• Proficient with MRI Accounting Software.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
• General Services Administration (GSA) experience
• Organization is critical. Must keep Property Managers organized.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner and multitask when needed.
• Proactive work ethic.
• Must be able to take initiative.
• Demonstrates initiative and reflects a sense of urgency in daily duties by meeting or improving upon deadlines
This description is not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
Willco is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, gender, disability, national origin, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Available Positions
- Assistant Property Manager EXPLORE